Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pampered chef chicken braid







Chicken broccoli braid
I do my own chicken instead of using canned, I put 2-3 boneless chicken breasts in a pan, put enough water over it to cover. Bring to a boil, turn off heat and place lid on pan and leave for 1-2 hrs.(atleast 1 hr) It will be cooked perfect for shredding or cubing etc. Cube chicken, 2-3 chicken breasts makes extra chicken ( freeze it for another time or use it in something else).
1 1/2 C. cubed chicken (or 1 can)
1 bag frozen broccoli, cooked in microwave
1 can water chestnuts, chopped
2 T. onion, chopped small ( or 2 green onions)
1 C. shredded cheese, cheddar or whatever you like
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 C. sour cream
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. chicken seasoning salt
1/4 t. cracked black pepper
2 pkg. of croissant rolls
Mix all ingred's in a large bowl, spread croissants out on baking sheet as shown and make 8 slices in the edge of the rolls not going all the way to the center, about 1/3 of the way in (see photo, I use a pizza roller) Spread filling down center of rolls and bring each slice of roll up to the center/top and twist, do the same on the other side and pinch the ends together. Bake at 375* for 25 mins. until bubbling. Sprinkle with more cheese when you remove it from the even, let it sit for 5-8 mins. before slicing. I omit the onion and water chestnuts sometimes to make it more kid friendly, or friendlier for my girls! this is not the exact recipe as pampered chef but close, I like more seasoning and I like the sour cream especially and the cheese on top! ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Ever since my next door neighbor served this at a party, I have been in love! Thanks for the pictures, they really help. I'm serving this for dinner tomorrow night and I was wondering if you baked this on a wooden cutting board. That's what it looks like in the pictures. Also, did you oil or spray cooking oil on the surface before you rolled out the dough? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete