Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter....family and food!

We had a wonderful Easter again this year! We colored eggs, and did baskets but most important we celebrated the TRUE meaning of Easter! Jesus dying and rising again!!! HE IS RISEN!!! My kids will never be too old to get Easter baskets and I still hide them and they still look! Here are the girls checking out what's in their basket! Jordan was slower on the go Easter morning...he isn't as enthusiastic about finding his basket as he gets older! ha











Jordan did help me make chocolate bird's nest cookies! I'll share the recipe below! they are such a yummy treat and so cute for Easter/Spring!











I should have not made them for Easter though...we had TOO much food and too much dessert to really enjoy them! haha We ended up with EIGHT Chocolate bunnies!! It makes me cringe that I know they are in this house....they call to me all day!! and sad to say I've downed one whole Crispy bunny since Sunday!!! oh well.....perhaps it's out of my system! (yeah right!)










We bought a Tie Dye egg coloring kit this year! it was fun and made really cool looking eggs! I always love to crack the eggs open for devilled eggs or egg salad and see the colors that leaked through the cracks making a cool pattern on that bright white egg! Jordan didn't join in the fun this year.....I can picture him in college in a few years WISHING to come home and color eggs with his sisters...so I can wait him out!










Easter Sunday I cooked for 13!! my mom and Mike's aunt helped bring food! as always it was all delicious and we had lots of fun! The sun was shining so it made a nice day for all of us! It's a blessing to all of us to have grandparents join. My Grandma has a tougher time getting out easily so we missed her this year but Mike's Grandpa was able to join us and he was in great spirits Easter Sunday! We were laughing at him getting into the Easter Candy! I suppose once a sweet tooth always a sweet tooth! He's thin so he can afford it! We played some games including "Headbands" it's alot of fun so he was a good sport and played along!!

We treasure our family times together and the laughter we all share rings in mind for days after!! Hope you all had a great Easter!!











Birds nest cookie:

1 bag Chinese crunchy noodles (these are the cracker type noodles, they are crispy and you usually put them over chow mien)

1 bag chocolate chips OR butterscotch chips

1 ts. Crisco

1/2 C. mini M & M's

Place waxed paper on to two baking sheets. Pour Mini M & M's into a bowl. Melt chips and Crisco in a glass dish in the microwave until melted. Stirring every 25 seconds until completely melted. Pour 3/4 bag noodles into a large bowl and pour chocolate over that and stir until coated. Spoon by Tbls. on to baking sheets to form nests and put 3-4 M & M's into center of nest. Chill in refrigerator or on the counter overnight!





1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter Jeni. You're such a great mom!!! This was the first year I didn't do Easter baskets for all of the kids. I told the older ones that they know where the candy is, and can get their own, so I wasn't filling all of those eggs :-) Shame on me!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete