Saturday, April 16, 2011

Crispy Oatmeal Raisin cookies...


These were SO good! I'll make them over and over I think....I love an oatmeal cookie that is crisp and stays that way the next day! (I love the Quaker recipe too for Vanishing Oatmeal cookies when I'm in the mood for a soft cookie too)

Crisp Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 C. shortening

1/2 C. butter (1 stick)

1 C. packed brown sugar

1 C. white sugar

2 eggs

1 ts. vanilla

2 C. flour

1 ts. baking powder

1 ts. baking soda

1 ts. salt

1 1/2 C. rolled oats

1 C. Raisins

Nuts Optional


1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease cookies sheets.

2. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, butter and sugars. Mix in the egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into batter until well blended. Mix in the oats, and raisins until well distributed. Scoop with med. cookie scoop or

1 1/2" rounds and place on baking sheet 2" apart. Press dough with a fork to flatten cookie (this makes a bigger cookie!)

3. Bake for 12 mins. or until edges are browned.

Makes almost 4 1/2 dozen.

You could add chocolate chips, chocolate covered raisins, nuts, M & M's, coconut ......dried cherries...the combinations could be endless!! enjoy!








2 comments:

  1. Whenever someone asks me what my favorite cookie is, I say Oatmeal, preferably with raisins! Yours sounds wonderful :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy - fav of all cookies.

    God bless,

    Loida D.Mangio

    ReplyDelete