Friday, March 4, 2011

Candy..."bars"....




A few weekends ago we had a parenting seminar at our church called Visionary Parenting check it out if you have time! they have great marriage and family stuff on their sight as well! I was asked to do the decorating and snack time so it was alot of fun to prep and do the decorating!



I tried to think like a parent, leaving their kids with sitters or grandparents and heading out alone...that can be very exciting especially for parents of young kids who don't get to do that very often! So I thought, parents thinking about their kids....CANDY! I've seen alot of candy "bars" lately at weddings and such and there's a gal named Amy Atlas that does FANTASTIC candy bars for the stars, check out her site for fun!!




I found these darling candy dot strips that are giant dots...at Cracker Barrel of course! Cracker Barrel has THEEE best selection of old fashioned candies and unique candies. I also did little twig trees on each table with black and white cut out photos of......KIDS! it was fun.....I found little glass beads that look like candy to sprinkle on the tables. We can't burn candles at our church so I found little tealites that are battery operated. They were cute for evening! I found an aray of cute stuff at Hobby Lobby...I love Hobby Lobby! I got all the jars and labels and little doo dads there!!
Licorice whips just tasted better out of a gorgeous glass jar! haha and I loaded a big trifle bowl with triple coated malted milk balls, Good and Plenties are in the cute little colorful Chinese take out containers...gumdrops with old fashioned twist lollypops on them.....flavored candy sticks were fun too......At the last session of the seminar for that last snack time we put out little white mini lunch bags for parents to make goodie bags with all the leftover candy to take home as a favor treat for their kiddos! They had fun doing that!! I had fun with the whole thing, it was a great day and a fun time!




This is because Mike made me model so it wasn't just "table" in the photo he said! ha it was fun....the decorations were colorful and bright and fun!! I hope parents checked into their inner child that day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment