Sunday, October 19, 2008

Time to start planning!


Well it might sound strange to be talking about Thanksgiving but I was looking through the grocery store ad today to make my grocery list and saw several "holiday" food items. For instance, canned pumpkin, spices, canned fruit, baking supplies etc. We host Thanksgiving at our house, including overnight company and we like to do it up GOOD! We love and adore Thanksgiving together! My brother got married this summer so we have several more cousins to add at the table this year!
So......I'm starting to think "holidays" when I shop now! Which makes it fun to buy things slowly rather than one huge shopping trip the week of Thanksgiving. Too many people, out of stuff you need, overflowing grocery carts, and no place to store it all because it's too much to store! haha Some of you might not to do alot of planning other than make and take a dish, but it's still a good idea to be prepared and hey everyone wants to save some money!!
There's a website called Flylady that I like during the holidays, it can be overwhelming so with anything I pick and choose what I want to take from it! You can go on her site and go to her Site map to find Holiday ideas, including Christmas!
We've already eaten a few pumpkin dishes, bread, dip and pie so I need to take a break so we can really enjoy it when it rolls around! haha
Be thinking holidays somewhere in the back of your mind. You can even be thinking Christmas shopping....some stores have a 90 day return policy (a good thing to check when shopping early!) and we have LESS than 90 days to go! 39 to Thanksgiving when I counted!
So keep this all in mind when you are out and about and perusing the ads! I get some neat after Halloween sales that double for Thanksgiving, orange and brown M & M's, pumpkin plates etc. which is fun too!
If you are rolling your eyes, then just enjoy the music and think about Fall instead! haha I like to be ready and organized so to me this is FUN! ha We will have 22 possible this Thanksgiving so my ideas need to grow with that many people in seating alone! ha We all cherish this time together, I have to say it's one of my top favorite times of the year! My sister in law and I were just discussing the other day how much her family enjoys traveling here for Thanksgiving and I said the same, our kids and all of us love to celebrate all God's Blessings to us together!!
Ok......go out and plan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment