Monday, August 23, 2010

My day.....

For today...



Outside my window.....a bit blustery, Fall feeling temperatures, I like it..the windows are wide opened!

I am thinking......about what to make for this week's menu

I am thankful for......A God who is always so faithful to me, even when I forgot all the wonderful things he's done for me, for great friends who have listened to me bemoan the "teenage" years lately and for a great hubby who is on my team thankfully! haha

From the learning rooms........heading to the library today, for a long visit, Grace always wants to play on the computers there and complains I NEVER let her! ha

From the kitchen....double batches of Chocolate chip cookie dough and Peanut butter cookie dough. Made 6 dozen for a work bee at Jordan's school today, a dozen to eat and froze several dozen dough balls for future use!

I am wearing.....JEANS and a t shirt, some days don't you just love to snuggle into your favorite pair of soft jeans? the zipper broke on my favorite pair but if you don't tuck your t shirt in who's gonna know? ha and a gray t shirt

I am reading.....a fiction series about a Quaker Pastor by Phillip Gully, they are enchanting and fluffy! and Got Teens

I am hoping......to have a nice relaxing afternoon of nail salon and the library trip

I am hearing......the wind swishing through the trees and feeling the breezes blow in, love it!

Around the house.......pretty "tidy" yes, clean? NO!

One of my favorite things.........Apple stuff, apple pie, applesauce, apple muffins etc. When fall is approaching I'm thinking hot apple something........

A few plans for the rest of the week......Dinner and a movie with just Grace, Mike and the older kids going to an amusement park, letting Mike's aunt host a Pampered Chef party at my house, enjoying the last bits of summer fun, I do LOVE summer and swimming and sunning and playing outside, we'll play long into Fall outdoors, I also love having my kids to myself the entire day! boo hoo when school starts.....but they are ready and excited! You can go here to make up your own Daybook of fun!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm with ya on several parts of this post... like the comfy jeans, apple stuff and being kind of sad that school will be starting soon and my kids will be away from me all day. It's especially hard since Asher is going into Kindergarten. It's only half day, but it means that I no longer have any of my babies home with me all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeni!!! I love that picture!!!!!
    So glad I got to see you today! : )
    As much as I like Mike, I wish it was you who were going on the trip to the amusement park! Wouldn't we have fun?!!!! Oh, I forgot, you don't do rollie coasties do you? haha!
    Love ya!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for fall temps too, but it will be another month or so before we start to feel them. Apples do say fall to me too. I love cooking anything apple :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete