Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back after a long break........


Well we're finally settled in at home for a while anyhow! we've had a fun summer for sure!
Mike had a church meeting this week and I usually send the snack so I always like to make something that sounds good to me too so I can snitch some myself so.....this week it was No bake cookies and Vegetable pizza! two of my favs. So here are the recipes, I love this recipe for No Bakes from my friend Vicky...I tweaked it a bit and I used dark cocoa which I love, I get it at a great Mennonite bulk food store, but you don't have to use it! and I think JIF is the ONLY peanut butter to use......haha Before you begin be sure to lay a long piece of waxed paper out on your counter to spoon the cookies out on to, it sets up fast so have this step ready, about 24" of paper should do nicely!
No Bakes:
2 C. sugar
3 Tb. dark cocoa
1/2 C. milk
1/4 C. butter
Melt butter, add milk, sugar and cocoa and boil this mixture hard for one minute, stirring. REMOVE from heat.
*Add:
1 ts. Vanilla
pinch salt
3/4 C. peanut butter
3 C. oatmeal
Drop onto waxed paper by Tbs. This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies! delish!
Vegetable pizza:
1 roll canned Croissants
1-8oz block of cream cheese
1/3 C. Ranch dressing
1/4 ts. Seasoning salt
pepper
1-2 C. shredded Cheddar cheese (I love to shred my own for this, it makes nice long shreds that way and spreads nicely!)
2 broccoli crowns (two florets) washed and chopped fine, like pea sized (if you have a veggie chopper it works great!)
2 carrots, peeled and chopped the same
1/2 Red. pepper, cleaned and chopped the same
Open canned croissant and spread into a cookie sheet, you can use a small roller if you have it, that helps or your fingers (a 9 x 13 gives you a bit of a higher crust if you like) Bake according to can.
Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, Ranch dressing, seasoning salt, and a few dashes of pepper by hand or in a food processor.
After crust cools spread evenly with cream cheese mixture, sprinkle veggies on one and a time and TOP with cheese. Serve that day, since I find it gets very soggy if you make it too far ahead and it is done for the next day as far as the crust being crispy! p.s. You can use ANY veggies you like, I like to add black or green olives, green onions, other peppers.....your imagination is yours!
ENJOY the rest of summer.....Macy and I have a school shopping trip yet, we hope to go to the zoo in a few weeks, a few more picnics and many more pool days!

3 comments:

  1. yum..I will have to try the no bakes..since it has no flour! I do have some gfree oats too!
    Sorry I've been a bad bloggy reader...for months! I will try to do better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) Those no bake cookies are THE best! They are life savors at certain times of the month! lol!
    It has been quite the adventurous summer! We need to enjoy the last couple of weeks!
    Love ya!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veggie pizza and no bakes are two of my favorite things!!! As usual, you've inspired me to make something yummy!

    ReplyDelete