Friday, July 31, 2009

Potato planks!



I got this delicious recipe this summer from a magazine and we loved them!
Preheat oven to 425*
Slice 4-5 russet potatoes length wise in 1/4" slices (like planks)
Toss potato slices in bowl with 2 Tb. Oil (I used Veg.)
Sprinkle with 1 ts. seasoning salt and pepper to taste
Spread evenly on baking sheet, use two if needed so they are flat on the pan. Bake 35-45 mins. until golden and soft to a fork. I thought these would also be so good with dried Rosemary sprinkled over as well in place of the seasoning salt and use reg. salt instead! These are so good with burgers and I imagine even better with a steak! ha Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, I make oven fries kind of like that, just cut into wedges and then I put olive oil and Montreal Steak Seasoning on them. I've actually done them with all different kinds of Mrs. Dash and things like that and they have all been good. The Montreal Steak Seasoning has a little spice to it though, that Brian and the boys like, so that's what I typically do. Now I want some. LOL

    ReplyDelete