Sunday, December 14, 2008

Homemade gifts!

I am reposting this recipe, because I've made it three times now in the last two weeks and still haven't ended up with enough for our own house! ha ha it's a great last minute gift if you need an idea! I plan to make some more this week for home. We all love it! I've given it away many times this season already! Merry Christmas!
We love this orange spiced tea (lots call it Friendship tea) and we give it often for Christmas gifts. Here's a batch I made up to give away last week. I've enjoyed a cup of it myself several times this week! Enjoy!
Spiced tea:
2 C. Tang (or dry orange juice mix)
2/3 C. Dry Lemonade mix (Country time is good)
3/4 C. Dry instant tea crystals
3/4 C. sugar
1 t. Cinnamon
1/2 ts. Ground cloves
Mix and place in an airtight container or ziploc bag. I added Candy Red Hots to mine to look festive and they added a bit of Cinnamon flavor and looked pretty!
Mix it in and then when you place it in jars to give away, sprinkle a few red hots, or even Christmas sprinkles on top of the dry mix. As long as it's sugar it will melt anyhow! This recipe would make 2-3 small jars I would guess. Have fun!
Add one HEAPING TBS. to a mug of HOT water and stir!

No comments:

Post a Comment