Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mashed potatoes!



I came across a recipe for make ahead mashed potatoes that you make one day and bake the next and they "should" turn out to taste like fabulous creamy fresh made mashed potatoes! Well they did, even better I thought! ha An easy idea for the day BEFORE Thanksgiving!



5 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled (or any potato you like, but these are really yummy and pretty!)
Boil your potatoes in salted water as usual for mashed potatoes.
Mash your potatoes with 1/2 stick butter, 1/4 C. milk (or cream) and 1/2 an 8 oz. bar of cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese, hee) and salt and pepper. Pour into a sprayed casserole dish (around a 9 x 13 size) top with 2 T. butter cut up into thin slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate.
Let the dish sit out on the counter for about 15 mins. and then bake about 45 mins. (I did an hr. because I ran errands) Remove foil and give it a stir, delish I think!! I was thinking how 1/4 C. of ranch dressing could be a substitute for the milk for a different taste as well as adding shredded cheddar to the mix before you put it in the dish with sliced green onions for a twice baked mashed potato. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment